What Questions To Ask When Going To A New Dentist
Regular dental visits are extremely important for maintaining healthy teeth and a perfect smile. Choosing a dentist can be tough. Many people will stick to the same dentist for large portions of their life. They are usually more than just someone looking at your teeth. Good dentists can forge lasting bonds with their patients. If you have been going to the same dentist for a while, when they retire, you move to a new area, or for any other reason, there is a pretty big hole that needs to be filled. It can be rough searching for a new person to feel comfortable in entrusting your dental health too. Good communication is the key to a healthy relationship. Your connection with your dentist depends on how effectively you communicate with them.
Before even starting to look for a dentist, be sure to keep these 4 pieces of information in mind. They will be the biggest factors in finding the perfect dentist match for your needs.
- How close are they to where you live? Your place of work?
- Check to see if the dentist is within your dental benefits network if you have benefits.
- Is the dentist a member of the American Dental Association?
- What are their office hours? How do they match up with your availability?
What questions to ask:
- How Can We Improve My Dental Health?: Dental health can be improved when you and your dentists work together towards the same goal. Share your routine with your new dentist and get the necessary guidelines about brushing and flossing.
- How Is My Current Dental Health?: A new dentist will examine your entire oral cavity, including teeth, gums, jaws, tongue, and throat. This is a good time to ask your dentist any questions about your current oral health, and ways you can improve your oral health.
Your overall health can be greatly affected by your oral health and care. A good dentist should be a trusted guide you can look to in times of health needs. If you’re looking for a dentist you can trust to care for you and your family, please call our office and make an appointment. We would be glad to help you have a healthy happy smile!